Sunday, October 31, 2010

NYCM, You'll Be Mine

Marathon Plan - Regressive Countdown - Week Two
10/25/10 - 10/31/10 - Week Total: 13

In four days I am catching a red-eye to New York. Though the main motive of the trip is the New York City Marathon (NYCM), my ulterior motive is to be with my daughter. She will fly from La Romana, Dominican Republic to share the pre and post marathon moments and to enjoy 10 wonderful days of vacation together.

In regards the marathon strategy, I have no quantitative goals in mind. No time, no pace, no PR.

My goal is merely qualitative. To conquer the city running its five boroughs and enjoying the crowd, nearly two million spectators lining the course.

My goal is to carve the experience and memories in my heart, because NYCM, You'll Be Mine.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

10 days with your daughter sounds great. Hope you have a great run.

Marathon Maritza said...

That is exactly what I feel everyone's goal at NYM should be....the city is buzzing with life and excitement and love and this will carry you through the race. Enjoy every single minute because the experiences goes by all too fast.

And to spend time with your daughter too, what a fabulous few weeks you have coming up! You are blessed.

Have a wonderful time in NYC!

ShirleyPerly said...

I think that is exactly how I would run NYCM too if I ever had a chance to run it. Best of luck to you, LL, and enjoy your time with your daughter!

Unknown said...

Wow.. good luck to you, grab it the NYCM and enjoy with your daugther. I'm curios that if there a runner using a Vibram FiveFingers in NYCM, is that posible?